Saturday, November 08, 2008

Postscript

The election is over, and soon Sarah Palin will be largely forgotten, to be recalled only as a Quayle-like punchline to questions such as "Which VP candidate thought Africa was a country?".

But before she is gone, I am left with one nagging question. She first became celebrated for her line "the difference between a hockey mom and a pitbull? Lipstick!". The more I think about it, the more I realize that I have no idea what that is even supposed to mean. Seriously, in what way? Is she saying that she's unstable, vicious, and likely to attack innocent children without provocation? One thing I do know: McCain's people wish they'd kept her on a shorter leash. And possibly a choke collar.

Personally I think the following comparisons would have been better:

Q: What's the difference between a pitbull with its teeth in your kid's arm and Sarah Palin with the taste of power in her mouth?
A: Eventually, the pitbull will let go.

Q: What's the difference between a Palin supporter and a terrorist?
A: You can negotiate with the terrorist.

I'll be here all week. Try the veal.

1 comment:

MsMVNJ said...

Classic!!!